Our client is a UK regulatory agency with a nationwide remit.
Their public services include on-site inspections on critical locations, assessment of risk level, issuing permits, renewing licenses, etc. Their focus in the past couple of months shifted to resource optimisation due the constantly growing backlog of cases.
Our client was looking for a way to transform their inspection management model by adopting self-service. Their vision was to adopt an inspection model that will allow customers to self-service their inspection requests via an online portal; and enable inspectors to undertake a remote inspection after automatic risk-assessment. Canalix designed an inspection environment by using cloud technology and AI engineering that was very user friendly for non-digitally mature teams. The designed solution was based on a sustainable cost-reduction inspection model, but this also brought couple of challenges:
- reduce the total travel time between inspection jobs
– get the right level qualified inspector on the job
- bring down customer waiting time
- unload the backlog of work cases.
We provisioned our advanced case management platform to provide:
- The ability to map our customer’s workflow from raising an inspection request to generating an automated outcome report
- The ability to send an inspection data such as inspection results directly to the cloud from the inspection site for immediate review on desktop device.
- An automated PDF reporting tool used for certification of finished inspections
- Connectivity between engineering and operations teams, allowing them to work synergistically regardless of location.
- The automated inspection workflow improved the operational process by reducing the human error.
- The pre-defined inspection checklists maintained the compliance standards on remote inspections on level with on-site inspections pre-digitalisation.
Faster inspection service and response teams
- The Canalix platform enabled inspectors, case managers and other staff members to work synergistically, assessing data in real time, improving speed of decision making and faster response on critical issues.
- Inspections are certified with outcome reports faster than before doe to the automated nature of report generation via Canalix.
Improved resource management
- Full visibility on available resources
- Where remote sites or high-risk environments are involved, the ability for on-site teams to conduct digital inspection has identified significant cost savings and removed logistical barriers.
Take regulatory inspections to the next level with us
Our client’s investment in inspection management system has unveiled hidden opportunities for inspection optimisation and cost savings. The benefits go beyond the regulator’s internal teams. They are also visible for their end users – the citizens and businesses. To date we continue our work with our customer to improve their resource optimisation.